PRP, which means Platelet-Rich Plasma, is a treatment that utilises the unique growth factors present in platelets found in your blood.
These growth factors stimulate the production of new collagen which in turn means this can promote hair growth on the scalp, rejuvenate the skin, and enhance the healing process.
During the procedure, a small amount of blood is drawn from your arm and placed into a centrifuge machine. This machine separates the plasma and platelets from other blood components. The resulting platelet-rich plasma can then be used on the targeted treatment area.
If you're looking to achieve the best possible condition for your skin, we recommend scheduling a Skin Vitality Consultation with Dr. Sam Robson. This thorough skin health assessment lasts 45-minutes to an hour and provides in-depth insights and guidance; you will learn which appropriate skincare products and treatments are recommended alongside bespoke advice on how modifying your lifestyle (diet / stress / sleep) can help enhance your skin health.
We also offer a complimentary express 30-minute Skin Assessment which focuses on the best products and treatments but does not explore any underlying lifestyle issues
Generally if there is a concern about your skin health – typically with conditions such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis or eczema we advise the Skin Vitality consultation but you can choose to add either of these assessments when making your appointment. If you are unsure which to choose then why not have a complimentary zoom with Dr Sam and she can advise you which option may be best suited to you.
Where can PRP be used as a potential treatment?
- The scalp - this treatment is beneficial both before and after hair transplants and for individuals experiencing hair thinning.
- The face and neck are the most commonly requested areas although any part of the body can be treated depending on the underlying concern. PRP is recommended to augment the effects and benefits of Endymed Intensif, Endymed FSR, and Microneedling treatments
When can I expect to see results?
It may take 3-6 months to notice improvements, although results are often visible before this timeframe.
HOW LONG DO THE RESULTS LAST?
Results tend to be long-lasting, but depends on the original reason for treatment. If the reason relates to ageing then we recommend maintenance treatments with one session every 6 months.
How many treatments will I need?
We typically recommend a course of 3-5 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart. This would be discussed at your initial appointment and may be reviewed.
Who will be performing the treatment?
You will be attended by either Dr. Sam or Nurse Sophie.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE SKIN VITALITY CONSULTATION?
The Skin Vitality Consultation with Dr Sam Robson, is an in-depth skin health assessment which includes:
- A full skin analysis using the latest technology from FotoFinder
- Comprehensive evaluation of your current skin health
- Lifestyle and health assessment
- Discussion about any skin concerns
- Our in-depth analysis allows us to look at areas of the skin that cannot be seen by the human eye. We look at 6 different aspects on the surface and below the skin, including wrinkles, spots, pores, skin tone evenness, texture, dehydration, sensitivity and UV spots from overexposure to the sun.
Following your consultation:
- You will be emailed a detailed plan including a skincare product regime specific for your skin and a bespoke treatment plan devised by Dr Sam Robson.
- A selection of samples will be chosen specifically for your skins needs
- Lifestyle and dietary recommendations
- Follow up email with a complimentary skin review
This appointment is 45-mins to 1-hour and priced at £99.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE SKIN ASSESSMENT?
The Skin Assessment with Dr Sam Robson, is a shorter 30-minute express appointment which includes:
- Evaluation of skin health
- Discussion about suitable treatments/products
- May include small selection of samples
- Email from Dr Sam with treatment/product costs and recommendations
This appointment is 30-mins and priced at £50 (can be redeemed against cost of treatment or products).
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS THE BEST TREATMENT FOR ME?
If you want to find out more about any of our treatments, book in for our free 1:1 virtual pre-assessment with Dr Sam Robson. This is done via Zoom where we can discuss what treatment is right for you and give you the opportunity to ask any questions. Book your free pre-assessment today!